Case study on training done in one of the dairy and FMCG majors in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh,India for making the mid and senior management understand the importance of collaborating with people in order to manage changes.
1. The Customer:
The customer is one of the dairy and milk products major in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh in India having market leadership in some pockets of Uttar Pradesh. The customer also diversified into retail stores for selling the milk products and other daily food essentials. The company also has a distribution chain for these milk and dairy products across the state.
2. Industry Category:
Dairy and FMCG .
3. Executive Summary:
Purpose of Project / Business Challenge:
The training need was to map the existing business practices, the changes taking places due to competition, new generation at work and market changes. The mid and senior team had to align themselves for managing these changes and also be collaborative with people so as to establish and contribute to the performance driven culture.
Quantum’s senior associate trainer studied the entire project and carried out in the following stages:
- Detailed training needs assessment by:
- Understanding the existing beliefes, cultural values and business practices people had.
- Existing knowledge levels of the audience.
- Understanding the expectations of stakeholders.
- Doing the gap analysis.
- Defining the agenda of the proposed program of the training program.
- Designing the course outline:
- Defining the agenda.
- Choosing the right case studies, activities and appropriate examples.
- Customisation of the training material based on the needs.
- Designing the assignments and examples as per the client needs.
- Making the transition understood in a subtle manner.
- Training Session was conducted as per the given and agreed agenda with the customisation. The training was carried out with activities specially keeping cultural changes in mind. The program was carried out with role plays, case studies , videos and various discussions aimed at making people cope up with the changes and help them collaborate with people . The program was delivered by the expert trainer from Quantum. The program had 70% + hands on practical sessions . The sessions had examples of supply chain of automotive industry and mapping the business needs of the company. The program had ample opportunity for the participants to practice the new version and get themselves familiar with the future development that they were supposed to do.
How did the training program help the participants meet their objective:
4. Benefits / Business Case:
The training was successfully conducted. The feedback by participants that was given was 4.35/5.0. The program was able to clear the doubts and make the participants be productive in a week’s time which otherwise was not possible. The participants had the competency to build an application for it’s internal customer’s needs. The list of the benefits are as follows:
- Training feedback: 4.5/5.0.
- Audience Size: 12
- Quantum’s TAT in finding the right trainer : 2 business days.
- TNA and execution: 2+1 Day
- High level of customisation. 75% customised and 25% standardised content.
The internal customers were very happy with Quantum’s indepth coverage of the training solution and was implemented effectively.