Case study on training done in one of the biggest Financial Technology Company in Pune who got acquired by another giant from Noida who was more number driven and profit oriented than people centric.
1. The Customer:
The customer is one of the biggest Fintech company headquartered in Pune. The company was taken over by an international giant whose Indian HQ is in Delhi and Global HQ is in Seattle. The attitude of the senior management was perceived as autocratic and was not appreciated by the existing employees. As a result, employees were stressed out and they found really difficult to cope with it .
2. Industry Category:
IT Services: Fintech
3. Executive Summary:
Purpose of Project / Business Challenge:
The training need was to map the existing business practices, the changes taking place due to acquisition. The team was not aligned to the culture which was more number focused and systems those were perceived as performance driven culture.
Quantum’s senior associate trainer studied the entire project and carried out in the following stages:
- Detailed training needs assessment by:
- Understanding the existing beliefs, cultural values and business practices people had.
- Existing knowledge levels of the audience.
- Understanding the expectations of stakeholders.
- Doing the gap analysis.
- Defining the agenda of the proposed program of the training program.
- Designing the course outline:
- Defining the agenda.
- Choosing the right case studies, activities and appropriate examples.
- Customisation of the training material based on the needs.
- Designing the assignments and examples as per the client needs.
- Making the transition understood in a subtle manner.
- Training Session was conducted as per the given and agreed agenda with the customisation. The training was carried out with activities specially keeping cultural changes in mind.The program was carried out with role plays, case studies , videos and various discussions aimed at making people cope up with stress. The Emotional intelligence models were practised and EQI 2.0 model was thoroughly practised with elements such as agility, flexibility, reality testing, etc. The program was delivered by the expert trainer from Quantum. The program had 70% + hands on practical sessions . The sessions had examples of supply chain of automotive industry and mapping the business needs of the company. The program had ample opportunity for the participants to practice the new version and get themselves familiar with the future development that they were supposed to do.
How did the training program help the participants meet their objective:
4. Benefits / Business Case:
The training was successfully conducted. The feedback by participants that was given was 4.35/5.0. The program was able to clear the doubts and make the participants be productive in a week’s time which otherwise was not possible. The participants had the competency to build an application for it’s internal customer’s needs. The list of the benefits are as follows:
- Training feedback: 4.35/5.0.
- Audience Size: 20
- Quantum’s TAT in finding the right trainer : 2 business days.
- TNA and execution: 2+5 days.
- High level of customisation. 75% customised and 25% standardised content.
- 85% higher productivity.
- 20% reduction in escalations.
- Development application was faster by 40%.
- Cost saving by the company in terms of attrition and new hiring : 20%
The internal customers were very happy with Quantum’s indepth coverage of the training solution and was implemented effectively.