1. I express my feelings and opinions readily and in constructive ways.
2. I have no problems retaining friendship and respect when turning down requests.
3. I don’t feel inadequate when giving concessions to others.
4. I ask for what I want without getting emotional.
5. I tend to be calm in the face of aggression and conflict.
6. I seek win-win solutions when dealing with people.
7. I respect the viewpoints of others even though I might express disagreement.
8. I can refuse a request without feeling guilty.
9. I am aware of the needs of others when I am seeking to fulfil my own needs.
10. I argue constructively and readily accept views that appear more reasonable than my own.